Monday, July 9, 2012

Pause and Reflect

Good day,

Or at least a day. A day can't really be sad to be bad or good it just is? i don't believe that right now.

I understand the value of reflective observation within the learning cycle. I know what they are trying to do from a business point of view too. In fact I think it was a prophet of god who said "When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported back, the rate of improvement accelerates." 


So i get setting goals and remembering them. But i just hate grading myself. Which is what the system feels like. Really i just hate grades. I thank public school for that. I hated the end of semesters because i knew that whether the grades were good or bad i would still be in trouble. I dropped out of student government after only half a semester because i got a letter telling me i was on "academical probation" or something. I had enough stress without being reminded that my grades were bad twice as often. And i hate it even more now that i give my self the grades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment